The Rotosolver high shear mixer is our flagship product with thousands of installations at food and beverage processing plants around the world. For production lines requiring 100% wetting out of powders, the Rotosolver’s patented design is easy-to-clean and provides higher overall shear rates, improved dispersion, and reduced energy consumption for volumes up to 10,000 gallons.
The Rotosolver outperforms competitors in key performance areas. For various applications, it has delivered up to:
- 50% less energy consumption
- 600% higher flow rates
- 20% higher tip speeds
- 6 times more throughput than conventional mixers
The Boston Shearmill wet mill/homogenizer outperforms conventional shear pumps and colloid mills and provides very high throughputs at extreme shear rates. Inline rotor-stator machines deliver 24/7 operation; reduce solids particles with minimal dust formation; and withstand uneven flow patterns, jolts, and pressure fluctuations. And for milling of soft particles to <1 micron, or hard particles down to 1-2 microns, the shearmill produces superior particle size reduction, often in a single pass at high production rates.
Applications for Admix chemical processing equipment
Admix has had success across numerous applications including the emulsion and dispersion of polymers, plastics, adhesives, resins, polyols, and other compounds.
Emulsions: The Rotostat, Rotosolver, Boston Shearmill, Fastfeed and DynaShear mixers produce emulsions with small, uniform droplet size. These emulsions lead to increased shelf-life, stability and quality without the use of a high-pressure homogenizer.
- Wax emulsions
- Paper sizing emulsions
- Coatings and paints
- Sealants (e.g., wood products)
- Polymer and polymerization precursors
- Anti-foam emulsions
- Monomer emulsions
- Incorporation of low-HLB surfactants into aqueous systems
Dispersions: The Rotostat, Rotosolver, Boston Shearmill, Fastfeed and DynaShear mixers and dispersers employ high shear and high intensity mixing to disperse ceramics, deagglomerate powders into primary particles, and eliminate fisheayes of hydrocolloids and thickeners. Our high shear equipment produces more uniform end products much more quickly and efficiently than conventional dispersers.
- Car polishes and polishing compounds
- Dispersion of powders
- Clay dispersions
- Disperse iron oxides for magnetic media
- Metal oxides
- Dispersions for capacitors
- Dispersions of ceramics
- Produce CMP (chemical mechanical polishing) compounds
- Dispersion of phosphors for CRTs
- Pulp and paper applications
- Pigments, organic and inorganic
- Gel formation for batteries or battery paste
- Disperse and hydrate Carbopol, and other viscosity-modifying ingredients